Nothing healthy about these cinnamon swirls, but so good for you anyways! Giving yourself a few hours at home, waiting for a dough to rise, no easy fix on just popping it in the oven, listening to some nice music, walking around in your PJ’s half the day, and the smell in the house as the swirls are being baked… HELLO!
- 1kilogram White flour
- 5dl Milk (full fat all the way)
- 1 bag of Dried yeast
- 150 grams Sugar
- 1/5 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Egg
- 150 grams Butter in dices
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom
- 100 grams of Butter
- 4 tablespoons of Cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons of Sugar
- Heat milk a tiny bit til room temperature in the microwave, and add the yeast in the milk and let it rest for a few minutes for the yeast to desolve.
- Mix everything except the butter in a big mixing bowl.
I use a kitchen weight to make sure I have the right amount when it comes to baking:)
- Let it mix for 10 minutes
- Add the dices of butter in and keep mixing til it is all smooth and that the dough loosens from the side of the bowl.
- When done set aside its clingfilm and a kitchen towel and let it rise for 1-2hours.
- While the dough is rising make the filling for the swirls so it’s ready when the dough is.
- So it’s time to roll out the dough, I split mine in to two batches so it’s easier to manage. I made a little video on how I roll it out and swirl them up:) Hope you like it!
- When they are rolled up put them on baking paper, brush with one beaten egg and cover in clingfilm and let them rise for another 30 min.
- When ready bake for 15-17 minutes on 170 degrees.
Hope you enjoy!