Hello food blog!
It has been a while…
Since last time I wrote I’ve become a post graduate!! Well as long as I pass all those exams I will be;)
Today I want to share with you a simple but delicious recipe on a baked potato.. no not one with beans and cheese, but JUST as simple, but so much better, more nutritious, crunchier and healthier!
- Big potato – I used sweet potato, but normal potatoes are good as well.
- Veggies for the top – peppers, tomato, mushrooms, asparagus. (what ever you have in the fridge. I had mini corn but no onion so i swapped:)
- Poke big potatoes drizzle oil and salt and pop in oven 180 degrees 2 hours. (you know the potato is done when you can stick a knife through it like melted butter)
Not beautiful picture but these are done.
If you plan well, bake the potatoes the day before and just reheat the day after in the microwave.
- Now cut veggies in big chunks, and put on a baking tray.
- Add two tablespoons of pesto
- Mix it up
- salt and pepper
My friend Chelsea thought me this trick:)
- 20 minutes in the oven on 180 degrees and BOOM!
Cut the potato open, and this is where you can be creative, I had hummus and vegetables but you can add butter, avocado, corn, cheese what ever you fancy!
I’m telling you! I you already have the baked potato this is a 20 minute dinner and it cooked itself in the oven! So you can do dishes, sort the kids out or just relax on the sofa!
Yum Yum! Hope you enjoy!