Last night was mexican night! I can never get enough mexican food, would eat it every day if i could.. so tasty, fresh, fun and every time you can make it in to your personal favourite.
This one is not the typical Friday night tacos we are used to but the base in this recipe is the same I do almost every Friday.
The two most important things for me is the salsa and the guacamole, this makes the whole dish! And the salsa just gets better for next day leftovers, so make sure to make a big bowl of this!
FOR SALSA YOU NEED:
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 mango
- half red onion
- the juice of 1 lime
- handful of coriander
- 1 chilli
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
HOW TO MAKE SALSA:
- Cut each vegetable in to small squares
- Do the same without he mango
- Put it all in a bowl
- Add a pinch of salt
- Add coriander
- Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Squeeze the juice of the lime over
- mix and it’s ready
FOR GUACAMOLE YOU NEED:
- 3 – 4 medium sized avocados
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of the salsa you just made
HOW TO MAKE GUACAMOLE:
- Cut the avocados in half and take the stones in the middle out (keep two of the stones for later)
- Use a spoon to take the inside of the avocado out and put in a bowl
- use a fork to mosh the avocados
- add the salsa
- add the salt and pepper
- put in a nice bowl to serve
So when you have these two things you can make the rest of the mexican meal as you like, yesterday I had fried peppers, onions and mushrooms in taco spice, corn on the cob with lime juice and chilli flakes, and sweet potato wedges baked in the oven with oil, paprika powder and salt.
Using minced meat with this is delicious as well of chicken filet with fajita spice. so yum!
Ok, Need to go husband waiting for me!
Hope this was of help and can’t wait to hear if any of you have tried to make it!