Last night’s dinner was stir-fry!
(dinner for 4)
Tips for cooking stir-fry:
- Use high heat on the pan
- Don’t put all the veggies in the pan at the same time, do one sort of vegetable at the time
- When you have fried one vegetable, seasoned it, and it is almost done, put it on a separate plate, and start over on the pan with a new veggie.
- season well! I use, salt, pepper, soy sauce, paprika powder, fish sauce (in small amounts), lime, coriander,
I wanted to say one thing before I start to list my ingredients, if you don’t have all these things in your fridge thats not a problem! Use what you have and make a stir fry from that.
- 1 carrot cut in half then make strips about 3 inches
- 10 small mushrooms cut in 4 pieces each
- a bag of sugar snaps (I ate half my bag with the hummus so you can snack on them as you make food)
- mini corn (how ever many is in one box)
- 1 onion, the one in the picture is little big and my stir-fry got a bit oniony:):)
- 2 cloves of garlic for tasty veggies (but if you don’t want to smell garlic leave it out)
- 1 pepper cut in strips
- half a broccoli
- 1 lime to squeeze on top
- coriander to drizzle on top
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, caprice powder and soy sauce to flavour the food
- ginger, cut in thin slices and put on top
Cut the vegetables in similar sizes, I like the onion in boats
- Heat up the pan, add a little oil
- Fry each veggie with a little salt, pepper, paprika powder and a dash of soy.
Peppers and Corn
When all your veggies have been fried and put on a big plate, pour it one last time in the pan, just to heat and mix the spices.
Pour it back on a serving plate and drizzle lime, coriander and fresh ginger on top.
And there you go!
Serve with brown rice, nudles or quinoa
If yo want to add chicken just season, fry it the same way as the rest of the veggies and enjoy!